Request a Copy of High Leverage Practices in Special Education (HLP)
The Council for Exceptional Children has partnered with the Collaboration for Effective Educator Development, Accountability and Reform (CEEDAR), to develop and publish a set of High Leverage Practices (HLPs) for special educators and teacher candidates. The fundamental purpose of the project was to identify effective practices for supporting special educators (McKleskey, et al, 2017). The… Read More Request a Copy of High Leverage Practices in Special Education (HLP)
Request a Copy of High Leverage Practices in Special Education (PDF) Here!
The Council for Exceptional Children has partnered with the Collaboration for Effective Educator Development, Accountability and Reform (CEEDAR), to develop and publish a set of High Leverage Practices (HLPs) for special educators and teacher candidates. The fundamental purpose of the project was to identify effective practices for supporting special educators (McKleskey, et al, 2017). The… Read More Request a Copy of High Leverage Practices in Special Education (PDF) Here!
Beyond the Surface: Exploring Root Cause Analysis
It is a Tuesday afternoon and a School Leadership Team meets after the first grading period to review data across multiple domains and you serve as the team lead. Team members notice data related to high levels of chronic absenteeism across all grade levels, high rates of failure in math for lower grades, and disproportionate… Read More Beyond the Surface: Exploring Root Cause Analysis
Content Teaching Academy–Registration Open!
Event Title: 2023 Content Teaching Academy (CTA) Dates: June 26-29, 2023 Cost: Financed by VDOE with Stipends for Participants Target Audience: In-Service Teachers (General and Special Educators at Early Childhood, Elementary and Secondary Levels) The staff at TTAC ODU and TTACs across the state are preparing their presentations for the 2023 Content Teaching Academy (CTA),… Read More Content Teaching Academy–Registration Open!
5 Factors to Get “Right” with Data Informed Decision Making: Right Time
This article will be presented in 5 sections, with each new section sent out weekly. The focus is on 5 critical factors to have “right” when preparing to make data informed decisions: getting the “right people” the “right data” in the “right format” within the “right time” using the “right process” in order to make… Read More 5 Factors to Get “Right” with Data Informed Decision Making: Right Time
- COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions–FAQs (updated weekly)
- COVID-19: A Parent Guide for School-Aged Children
- Virtual Virginia
- Supporting Students Who Receive Early Childhood Special Education Services during COVID19
Virginia Learns Anywhere Download the Full Report here.
Center on Technology and Disability (CTD) is designed to increase the capacity of families and providers to advocate for, acquire, and implement effective assistive and instructional technology (AT/IT) practices, devices, and services.
Council of Administrators of Special Education (CASE) is an international professional educational organization which is affiliated with the Council for Exceptional Children whose members are dedicated to the enhancement of the worth, dignity, potential, and uniqueness of each individual in society.
- Virginia Council of Administrators of Special Education (VCASE) is a professional organization that promotes professional leadership through the provision of collegial support and current information on recommended instructional practices as well as local, state and national trends in Special Education for professionals who serve students with disabilities in order to improve the quality and delivery of special education services in Virginia’s public Schools.
The Inclusive Schools Network (ISN) is a web-based educational resource for families, schools and communities that promotes inclusive educational practices.
NCII builds the capacity of state and local education agencies, universities, practitioners, and other stakeholders to support implementation of intensive intervention in literacy, mathematics, and behavior for students with severe and persistent learning and/or behavioral needs.
- Resources to help educators and other building-based personnel find tools and resources to support students with intensive needs
- Intensive Interventions: A Teacher’s Toolkit of activities and resources to assist practitioners in designing and delivering intensive interventions in reading and mathematics
Social Emotional Learning Resources
SEL: 3 Signature Practices Playbook: A Tool That Supports Systematic SEL:Practical ways to introduce and Broaden the use of SEL practices in classrooms, schools, and workplaces.
- A Parent’s Guide To Special Education (available in Spanish)
- Virginia’s Guidelines for Educating Students with Specific Learning Disabilities (ADA compliant version)
- Specific Learning Disability Supplementary Guide on Dyslexia: Frequently Asked Questions
- Universal Design for Learning
- Superintendent’s and Principal’s Memos
Webinars on various topics including, Special Education, Elementary and Secondary Instruction, and Comprehensive Literacy.
As a follow-up to the 2019 Virginia is for ALL Learners Education Equity Summer Institute, the Virginia Department of Education will host a monthly series of webinars focused on equity strategies and resources available to school divisions.
How do we move beyond the packet mentality to truly help students become independent learners while leveraging the funds of knowledge at home and in their immediate community? That is the question posed and answered by Zaretta Hammond in this important webinar series.
Webinar: Equitable Practices for Teaching Online. (IDRA)
Webinar How can we work for equity & access in challenging times? (STEM Learning Ecosystem)—-