This webinar was recorded on February 17, 2021
Students start their education learning to read. Then their learning changes to using reading as a means to learn skills that will support them in adulthood. If a student is a struggling reader, this will affect their ability to participate in college and work environments. This workshop will review how educators and related service personnel can use Accessible Instructional Materials to help students improve their reading ability.
- What do we know about struggling readers?
- Accessible Instructional Materials
- Overview of AIM-VA including Student Eligibility and “Competent Authorities”
- Being Culturally Responsive with instructional materials
- Teaching students to use text-to-speech programs independently
- Making your documents accessible
Part 1: AIM-VA Overview
Part 2: Digital Reading Supports
Please complete this survey to receive your certificate of completion.